Economics Tuition Singapore – Our Econs Tutors Profiles
Here is a brief of the profiles of our Econs tutors. Our team of tuition teachers are growing, and we are expecting to add another 5 Econs lecturers to the east and west areas in Singapore. More profiles of our tutors coming up. (Call us at 96959650 for more info.)
Our Education Specialist
Mr Steve Yeo An Economics graduate from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), National University of School (NUS), Mr Steve Yeo has always been passionate about teaching Economics to pupils of all levels. Upon graduation, he pursued his interests in Economics and Finance as he entered the finance and financial planning industry. Playing a very active role in his church activities, Mr Yeo discovered that his passion is in the mentoring and influence of secondary, junior college, (JC) and Pre-University (Pre-U) pupils. With this group of learners, it allow him lots of room and scope to develop the students’ skills and character. As such, he was open to a new avenue to reach out to this group of learners.
With Adam Smith Economics Tuition Centre, besides specialising in the conduct of H1 Economics tuition lessons, Mr Yeo is the lecturer in charge of the design, development and creation of regular and intensive packages for JC Economics students. With an eye for details, his core competency is to reverse engineer exam papers and marking schemes of the past years from both local JC and Cambridge-UCLES, and in the process, develop the winning formula to score distinctions for Economics on a consistent basis, year after year. Focuses on imparting critical thinking skills to students who needs to enhance their ability to perform ESSAY question analysis and tackling of CASE STUDIES for quicker and better understanding.
2. Ever since Mr Steve Yeo joined Adam Smith Learning Centre (Economics) to co-develop the instructional programme for A-Level Economics, he takes on the role of Educational Specialist, with a special focus on Economics case Studies. He designs, creates and maintains a database of case study question papers, helping the teachers to deliver a very strong programme at ASLC. He himself teaches Economics tuition classes at both JC1 and JC2 levels, H1 (Syllabus Code: 8819) and H2 (Syllabus Code: 9732) streams inclusive. In order to provide a fresh learning perspective for our Econs pupils, instead of pursuing his Masters degree, Mr Yeo pursued and promptly obtained his Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching and Training, also known as CIDTT. This internationally certified teaching diploma is award by Cambridge, to recognise his teaching endeavours and experience.
- With Adam Smith Learning Centre since late 2011, conducting Economics group tuition for Higher 1 (H1) and Higher 2 (H2) Econs pupils.
- Conduct of small group International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma tuition classes for IB students, for both Standard Level (SL) and Higher Level (HL)
- Conduct of Edexcel Exam Board – Economics for UK Syllabus Part-time home tutor for A-Level Economics since 2005, students have scored at least As and Bs.
Mr Steve Yeo – His Strengths and Skills in Teaching
Teaching of Economics theories and concepts – the ability to relate all concepts to everyday, real life happenings and events. Use of accelerated learning strategies, so that Economics students learn faster, remember more and thoroughly enjoy their lessons. Case study Specialist – Chief designer of case study questions and formulation of answers for Adam Smith Learning Centre (Economics). Apart from effective communication with teen students, Mr Yeo is also very strong with Information Technology and Education Technology. From the selection of electronic and interactive projectors, to the creation of digit lessons available for all students who are with Adam Smith Learning Centre, he is instrumental to the expansion of the Centre’s efforts and direction to extend our reach to more Economics learners.
In fact, Mr Yeo leads a group of Economics tutors to design and implement a program for Economics students of EdExcel and GSCE Economics. Mr Steve Yeo is currently working with Mr Jack Tan on the publication of two books, of which one is focused on case study answering techniques relating to GCE ‘A’ Level Economics. This book is designed to provide Economics pupils with a systematic approach to handling challenging case studies, so that the elusive grade ‘A’ will be within easy grasp. Many of his former students have graduated with their well-deserved Econs distinctions, and are attending undergraduate courses at all the three local universities. And we are sure that he will continue to add great value to his students’ learning and lives.
Mr Jack Tan Mr Jack Tan is a pioneer creator of Singapore’s first and only A-Level Economics website database, housing hundreds of sample exam questions and full length answers. Only made available to our students attending the J2 H2 Econs tuition classes, many have claimed that this website has made their overall revision so much more effortless and smooth. (Note: Pupils who attends our Economics tuition lessons get FREE access to the database website. Call us at 96959650 for more information, or for the 2 free trial lessons.) Mr Tan’s A-Level Economics Teaching Experience Since his undergraduate days with the National University of Singapore (NUS), Mr Tan has been regularly conducting individual and small group tuition lessons for Econs.
He began his formal teaching with the Ministry of Education (MOE) as an Economic lecturer on contract, tutoring JC1 H2 Econs tuition pupils. With over 17 years of tutoring experiences both in school and outside school, he has taught over 1,200 JC Econs students in all, many of them securing of them securing their well deserved distinction in this rigorous subject. Local JCs – Raffles Institution Junior College (RIJC) [Previously known as RJC], Millennia Institute (MI), St. Andrew’s JC (SAJC) IB Institution (private tuition only) – Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) [ACS(I)], Hwa Chong International School (Private Group Tuition) – Hwa Chong Institution (HCI), National JC (NJC), Victoria (VJC), Nanyang (NYJC), etc.
In fact, students even from River Valley High School (RVHS) attend Mr Tan’s lessons too! His Formal Education in Economics
- NUS – 2nd Upper Honours Degree in Social Sciences (Economics)
- Honour Roll: Dean’s List Arts & Social Sciences (Top 5% of Cohort in every single year)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) – National Institute of Education (NIE)
(Do feel free to ask for the above certificates and transcripts, if you wish to verify the above info.) Mr Tan’s Core Strengths & Expertise
- Fun and engaging teaching of Economics concepts and theories.
- Proven, innovation exam techniques, imparted in an step-by-step, effective approach.
- Can relate to students very well, create camaraderie easily, yet strict.
- Prediction of the year’s upcoming actual Cambridge Econs exam question papers!
- Quick marking of script and provision of feedback of work done.
Do call us at 96959650 if you would like to enquire more information about the H1 Specialist classes.
Back to SG Economics Tuition