Economics Tutors Profiles
Mr Jack CK Tan is a pioneer creator of Singapore’s first and only A-Level Economics website database, housing hundreds of sample exam questions and full length answers. Only made available to our students attending the J2 H2 Econs tuition classes, many have claimed that this website has made their overall revision so much more effortless and smooth.
(Note: Pupils who attends our Economics tuition lessons get FREE access to the database website. Call us at https://m.me/adamsmithlc for more information, or for the 2 free trial lessons.)
Mr Tan’s A-Level Economics Teaching Experience
Since his undergraduate days with the National University of Singapore (NUS), Mr Tan has been regularly conducting individual and small group tuition lessons for Econs. He began his formal teaching with the Ministry of Education (MOE) as an Economic lecturer on contract, tutoring JC1 H2 Econs tuition pupils. With over 17 years of tutoring experiences both in school and outside school, he has taught over 1,800 JC Econs students in all, many of them securing of them securing their well deserved distinction in this rigorous subject.
IB Institution (private tuition only) – Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) [ACS(I)], Hwa Chong International School
His Formal Education in Economics
- NUS – 2nd Upper Honours Degree in Social Sciences (Economics)
- Honour Roll: Dean’s List Arts & Social Sciences (Top 5% of Cohort in every single year)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) – National Institute of Education (NIE)
(Do feel free to ask for the above certificates and transcripts, if you wish to verify the above info.)
Mr Tan’s Professional Development (as at 2019)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner – Personally trained in the UK by Dr. Richard Bandler, the co-founder of NLP (the other founder is John Grinder), he has instilled countless NLP techniques into the reinforcement of rapid learning and massive effortless retention of JC Economics. (More about Dr. Bandler)
- Whole-Brain Accelerated Learning, aka Train-The-Trainer Certification Program. Personally taught by Blair Singer, Mr Jack Tan infuses loads of fun, engagement and humour, all the while making sure our Econs pupils learn the most in the shortest time possible!
- Member of World Economics Association (website)
- Member of European Society for Ecological Economics (website)
- Member of Amercian Evaluation Association
Mr Tan’s Core Strengths & Expertise
- Fun and engaging teaching of Economics concepts and theories.
- Proven, innovation exam techniques, imparted in an step-by-step, effective approach.
- Can relate to students very well, create camaraderie easily, yet strict.
- Prediction of the year’s upcoming actual Cambridge Econs exam question papers!
- Quick marking of script and provision of feedback of work done.
Do call us at https://m.me/adamsmithlc if you would like to enquire more information about the classes.
Back to SG Economics Tuition